Saturday, February 14, 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I got this recipe from the Food Network website. It's a Paula Deen recipe. It makes a very red and fairly moist cupcake with awesome cream cheese frosting. I toasted some chopped pecans and sprinkled them on top. Just put them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for six minutes.

For the big heart garnish, I melted some candy coating in the microwave and spooned it into a Wilton plastic squeeze bottle. I drew some hearts on a piece of paper and placed a sheet of waxed paper over top. I then traced the outline of the hearts with the melted candy coating and filled then filled them in. They only took 10-15 minutes to harden and were easy to lift off the waxed paper.

I also added some Valentine's Day sprinkles on top of the cupcakes. Target always seems to have holiday-themed sprinkles for every holiday. They can be found in their dollar section at the front of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment